Barista Competition Consultation & Training
Barista competitions can be a difficult task even for the experienced coffee professional, one way to get the most out of the experience is to have a great support team.
John Gordon can be a part of that team to help you achieve your competition goals, with 9 years of competition experience as a competitor, coach, judge and competition equipment sponsor team member this level of competition experience is hard to come by worldwide.
John's achievements in the competition circuit since 2009 -
- 2009 UK Barista Championships Semi-Finalist
- 2009 UK Latte Art Champion
- 2009 World Latte Art Championships Finalist ( 6th Place )
- 2010 UK Barista Champion
- 2010 World Barista Championship ( 14th Place )
- 2011 UK Barista Champion
- 2011 World Barista Championship Finalist ( 6th Place )
- 2013 UK Barista Champion
- 2013 World Barista Championship Semi-Finalist ( 10th Place )
- 2014 UK Barista Championship Finalist ( 4th Place )
- 2018 New Zealand Barista Champion
- 2018 World Barista Championship Finalist ( 6th Place )
John has also coached a number of Australian regional champions as well as being a part of the team for Sasa Sestic in the 2015 World Barista Championships that saw Sasa become the 2015 World Barista Champion.
To round out this extensive experience John has also Judged in the 2012 Irish Barista Championships and the 2015 New Zealand Brewers Cup, John was also a part of the sponsorship competition circuit for the 2009 UK Barista Championships that ran 7 heats nation wide and assisted Sanremo UK in the execution of all the heats. After many years being involved in competition and Sanremo Coffee Machines SRL securing the main sponsorship for the World Latte Art Competition and Coffee In Good Spirits Competition in 2018/19/20, being a part of the Sanremo World Academy Team John also assisted in running the main competition stage and the backstage area in Bello Horizonte, Brazil in November 2018.
Barista Competition Services -
- Competition routine development
- Signature drink development
- Coffee selection/sourcing
- Roast analysis
- Speech/script assessment
- Custom table layout/board/equipment design